Thursday, March 10, 2011

friendship

Woops! Let's just say it's been a loooong week. So many attitudes of gratitude to share with you...

Day four...celebrating friendships. I loved this day. The gift of true friendship from someone is such a blessing. I have the most amazing friends and as I reflected upon who they were, I started to realize what a unique treasure each of them was. When we are in school or still living at home next to those we grew up with, it is easy to stay in contact with those that you love. For Matt and I, it's so hard to keep in touch with everyone as much as we'd like to but when we do talk to our friends, we are constantly being reminded of the blessing that they are.

I am grateful for all of my friends each and every day, but day four was Sunday and I wrote down that day that I was especially grateful for a precious gem named Brianne Haagenson! She is a constant light in my life, speaking words of wisdom to me, making me laugh, and letting me bounce the hard stuff off of her. I told her about a hard situation that had happened in my week and she was immediately there for me to first validate my feelings and then simply to have empathy for me. She does a great job of listening and doesn't necessarily always tell me everything will be ok...she is just honest, truthful, and can always identify. Her and her husband, Erik, are two of the most genuine people I know and a solid rock in our lives!

Today is Day 8 so I'll catch up later hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Love you Stephanie Waller ;) Just read this....wow...so sorry I am so behind on catching up on your blog. You are such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete