Thursday, September 8, 2011

Southern Living

It's finally cooling off a bit here in Charleston...today's high is 84 with 66% humidity. Yes, that's still hot but much more enjoyable than the weather we've been having since we got here. People tell me it cools off towards the end of September and that we might be able to experience fall mid-October (we'll see about that!) Yesterday, I really felt like fall was approaching as I walked into Starbucks and saw that pumpkin spiced lattes were back in action!...one of my favorite parts of the season. I notice that people aren't big on coffee here...but I have to realize that I'm comparing it to Seattle where a Starbucks can be seen on every corner. I can see why though, who wants a hot latte when it's a sauna outside?!

Well, let's see...we had a really fun time with my dad last weekend. He flew into town on Friday morning so we headed downtown for some lunch at Groucho's and a walk down King Street. We enjoyed some shopping before picking Matt up after he got off work and heading to a Riverdogs game with Blake & Erin! The Charleston Riverdogs is a Minor League baseball team...they won 1-0 over the Asheville Tourists. It was a good time minus the fact that I bought a pizza only to have someone from above the bench where I was eating it spit into it...really...who does that?

Saturday, we went to Sullivan's Island beach... followed by some Home Team BBQ which was our first bbq experience since we've arrived in Charleston. It was amazing! Pulled pork, mac n' cheese, baked beans, cornbread muffin, beef brisket....mmm...


Sunday...we took a carriage ride through the historic district of Charleston...I loved this!

beautiful cobblestone road


I'm not exactly sure what was happening here but it's so southern!

This inn was an old house that was given to a daughter from a generous father as a wedding gift in 1890. It was voted by Southern Living as one of the most romantic getaway spots...complete with meals served from the Junior League Charleston Receipts cookbook :)


an old street that was used for "dueling" back in the day...many people died on this street and therefore, it's supposedly haunted.

Chief...our chauffeur...what a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment