Friday, September 9, 2011

Another Fave

Our sweet friend, Melissa, came over for dinner on Tuesday night. She started using the computer and noticed our blog was up...then she asked "did you blog about me?!". I replied that I didn't think that I did and it made me realize that I was taking such a blessing for granted.

So...this post is about Melissa :) As you might know, Matt spent a year at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa as part of the National Student Exchange program back in his junior year of college. While he was there, he made many amazing friends and Melissa was one of those precious people. Well, after Matt & Melissa said goodbye in May 2007, little did they know they would be moving to the same place in the same week in August of 2011! 

I had the privilege of meeting Melissa while Jeff was living in Tuscaloosa during the spring of 2009 right before I moved to Seattle. Over the past two years, Melissa and I would text back and forth randomly, I think we might've even shared a phone conversation at one point but that was about it. For some reason though, I always felt like she was someone that I have known for a long time. I feel like we click easily and it's always fun and carefree to be around her. She has a sarcastic, yet sweet sense of humor which I love and therefore, I enjoy her :)

Well, a few months ago, she announced on facebook that she was moving to Charleston to work at the Children's Hospital here. I remember being extremely envious of her in that moment and wishing that I could also experience Charleston! It was just a few weeks later that Matt was offered an interview so I secretly texted Melissa the news (even though Matt told me not to say anything...oops, sorry Matt!) because I had to tell someone! And well, the rest is history.

Melissa's friendship has been such a blessing to me (and Matt). It is so nice to have someone experiencing the same transition in life. I felt especially grateful for her on my birthday as she treated me to lunch...who knew I would have a friend to share a birthday lunch with just two weeks after moving here!

So anyways...yes, Melissa, I now blogged about you...are you happy?! Just kidding...so grateful that you're here with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment