Monday, September 12, 2011

Bugs & Puppies

I'm kind of a whimp when it comes to bugs...ok a big whimp. People always say that there are "big bugs" in the south but I failed to keep that in mind when making our decision to move here. Well, they weren't lying. Luckily for me, I've been able to ease into the bugs. Our corporate housing is a newer, one bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor which means that bugs can't really wander inside too easily. Although, I did meet a "Palmetto bug" in our kitchen a few weeks ago...aka a cockroach! Everyone refers to them as Palmetto bugs which doesn't sound too bad until you actually see one...

Well, this morning I'm heading out to a cute little house to hopefully sign a lease (don't want to jinx it yet) and honestly, one of my hesitations about moving into it is knowing that it is slightly older & that it's on ground level...which means more potential for insect visitors. Ridiculous right? It is pretty much necessary to perform quarterly pest control in any house you live in around here so I'm just going to rely on that! Don't worry Brenna Violett...hopefully the first frost will occur by the time you get here and they'll all be dead.

The other thing that bothers me is all the stupid toads sitting on the sidewalks. Matt and I have been waiting until it starts to get dark at night to go running. It's the coolest time of the day so it's most enjoyable then. But what I hate about that is that there are all these tiny toads laying around that blend into the sidewalk/street so I'm constantly thinking I'm going to step on one...they look like this...

Kind of cute but mostly disgusting. I better get a grip on this attitude...at least I know that I'll appreciate non-buggy areas whenever we do move again...

And now I better redeem myself with a reason to come visit us after the above comments...we're getting a puppy! We finally bit the bullet and put a deposit down on an English Goldendoodle. I think Matt is worried that his manhood might be compromised by owning a dog that has anything to do with the name "doodle" but I know he is just as excited as I am :) He/she (we haven't picked which one we want yet) was born 3 weeks ago and we can't take it home until it is 8 weeks old...that means you won't be hearing about it again for 5 more weeks but here is a photo of a puppy from their last litter so ours will look similar...
Pretty Cute eh?


2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so happy you are finally getting your Goldendoodle!! I can not wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could die of cuteness from that puppy. And about the bugs: I don't mind them unless they have 8 legs. Antennae don't count as legs steph, duh. We will make little Mitch eat them all. little mitch being your puppy. again, duh.

    ReplyDelete