Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We made it!

Well, on Sunday, August 14th, we finally landed in Charleston! We left Seattle on the 2nd, drove to Montana, and then left Montana for the long haul on August 7th. On the 7th, drove Brianne home to Denver which allowed us to spend some much needed time with the Haagensons! From there...Denver to Kansas City (big woop), Memphis, New Orleans, Tuscaloosa, Atlanta, and finally to our new home in South Carolina. It was such a fun road trip...one more thing to cross off my bucket list (drive across country)! Matt and I had been so busy before we left Seattle that we hadn't been spending very much time alone together so it was nice to just be with each other for a few weeks. We were able to get to Charleston just in time to celebrate our one year anniversary with sushi takeout and champagne...perfs!

I'm going to post some photos later but for now, they aren't on my computer and I don't really feel like uploading them! For the first two nights that we were here, we stayed in a hotel in downtown Charleston. It is so beautiful! I was overwhelmed by the culture & feel of my new home but in a good way. I have this overwhelming desire to learn everything about everything immediately. It drives me nuts to have to look up every address, enter it into my GPS, and not know where to go to find something I need. I remember feeling like this in Seattle but I also remember learning my way around fairly quickly so I just need to be patient. It's so weird to not know where the nearest Target is (essential) or where to drive to even get a latte! All in good time...

For the past 3 days, we've just been trying to get a tiny bit acquainted...we moved into our corporate housing which is a cute little apartment in Mount Pleasant. It's weird to not be using any of our own furnishings but they'll return to us soon :) It's very nice and clean and everything that we could possibly need so we are grateful for it. We went grocery shopping yesterday to stock an empty fridge and realized that we have a condiment/spice addiction...it's seriously a problem, no one needs as many condiments & spices as we owned in Seattle. We tried to keep it to the bare minimums as we'll be getting ours back in just over a month.

Today is Matt's first day at work...we drove by the plant last night and it looks great! It's surrounded by palm trees which is a refreshing sight and Matt was excited about all of the close parking spots. It was about a 10 minute walk from his car to the building in Seattle which isn't bad at all...but once again, the things we take for granted! Today is my first day on my own in this town which is a little scary to be honest. It's weird to be by myself again after having a sidekick for the past 3 weeks. It's ok though! I needed this time alone to piece our lives back together and take care of about a trillion details that need to be taken care of. I'm getting overwhelmed just thinking about it...yikes!

With that said, I better get going so I can be productive. Pray that I can find a job quickly and easily if you wouldn't mind! I need to start working...staying home by myself everyday is going to get old fast!

I'll leave you with this (awful picture off my phone...awful quality that is :) The man in the photo is pretty handsome if I do say so myself!)
Matt on his 1st day at Boeing Charleston!

No comments:

Post a Comment