Saturday, August 20, 2011

Humidity

Man...did I ever underestimate the humidity. It seemed as though every time I'd tell someone that we were moving here, they had to make a comment about the heat & humidity. It felt similar to the constant comments about the rain before I had moved to Seattle. But..they.are.right! It is so humid here. It is nice when you first walk out of your house after freezing your booty off inside with the AC up so high, but if you spend any amount of time outside, be prepared to be sticky. New things I learned this week...don't go running before 9pm, drink lots of water, clinical strength deodorant is worth the money, hair straighteners are a waste of money, & no matter how good you look when you leave your house, you'll look 1/2 as good after 5 minutes outside...

In other news, I'm attending my very first Junior League meeting tomorrow evening which is super exciting...maybe I'll meet some ladies who are in the market for a new friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment