Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene has formed just in time for a big ol' welcome to the Carolinas! I was just casually flipping through channels yesterday when I began to notice a pattern...a tiny little box in the corner of the screen with the hurricane radar being displayed. Awesome. Well, it's Tuesday and IF it hits, it will most likely hit on Friday night and early Saturday morning. The thing I like (glass half full perspective) about hurricanes is that you have time to prepare for them. As we drove through Tuscaloosa, Alabama last week, the damage from their tornado back in April took my breath away. I thought about how scary it would be to be in such a situation where you literally only have minutes of notice to protect yourself & family.

The really bad part about the possibility of Irene is that our friends Chris & Courtney have a wedding planned for Saturday evening. The Haagensons will be here visiting for that wedding as well...so let's all pray that Irene changes her course and stays away from Charleston! We'll keep you posted...or just watch the weather channel for updates :) IF we have to leave...we'll head up north to visit my padre I'm assuming so we'll be safe. Now...must go buy water and canned goods :)

No comments:

Post a Comment