Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wedding Photography

Yikes! First wedding down, hopefully many more to go. Let's just say that shooting a wedding is a lot of work and I now have so much more respect for those that are wedding photographers by career. This past weekend, Matt and I drove to Bozeman to attend the wedding of Jared & Shonna Ridgeway. It was a beautiful weekend and a beautiful, Montana wedding. A few months ago, Jared asked Kim Blackford and I if we would be willing to take photos at their wedding. I was immediately excited but as soon as the thoughts of "what could go wrong" set in, I felt the pressure. I spent the next few months researching wedding photography tips, learning all that I could about my camera, and participating in photography workshops. I also have practice from shooting recent engagement sessions for friends but you don't really know what you're getting yourself into until you experience it. Well, the verdict is is that I had a blast! Although exhausting and a tad bit stressful, I'm so excited to go through these photos, learn from my mistakes (sorry J & S that you had to be the first ones!), and trudge on to make myself a better photographer.

I'm really looking forward to next summer already! Our dear and BRAVE friends, Duncan & Steph have already asked me to be their official wedding photographer! I am so honored by this and feel very confident that by next summer, I'll be able to give them amazing photos that they can cherish forever. Thank you for taking a chance on me guys! As people continue to get engaged, I hope that will provide me with even more photo/wedding opportunities but until doors open, I'll spend my time learning and investing in this new found passion of mine.

Be on the lookout for the Stephanie Waller Photography website! I'll keep you posted! It should be up and running soon...

And contact me if you're interested in some photos!

Shonna Ridgeway

No comments:

Post a Comment