Friday, September 24, 2010

The Key to Fall

It's the 2nd day of fall...my favorite season! There are so many great things about fall but I thought I'd share a few of my favorites. First and foremost, football! It wouldn't be my favorite season without football. There's just something about it...whether you are attending a game or watching it on T.V., it has to be present. You need a reason to make chili, cornbread, chips n' dip, pulled pork, and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, right? What better reason than a football game?! Our team is Alabama in this household. I know that Matt only went there for a year but he (and Jeff both) held on tight to their Crimson Tide Pride upon their return. How could you not cheer for them?! As for me, I love the SEC because of THEIR love for the game. It's a way of life down south. Matt likes to tell a story about leaving church in Tuscaloosa one Sunday as he overheard two elderly ladies arguing about yesterday's game! I just think that passion is so amazing. Not to mention, National Champions, Nick Saban, and Mark Ingram. Roll Tide Roll! As for the NFL, Matt is a Broncos fan (blah) and well, Go Bears!

Onto the next best...apple/cinnamon ANYTHING, crunchy colorful leaves and trees, cool weather (such a great feeling to walk around with a scarf and Uggs on), back-to-school supplies, Starbucks' Pumpkin Spiced lattes, the list goes on and on.

Three ways that I've started celebrating the season:



This is Yankee's Autumn Harvest candle. It is my FAVORITE! If you love fall as much as I do, please do yourself a favor and go buy one of these!



If you love Pumpkin Spice lattes but want to save money and time, this is the way to go! It makes your morning delightful :)



We always have a bowl of candy lying around the house. I think I got this from my Mama. Anyways, fall candy...duh.

3 comments:

  1. I love Fall, too! It's the best. Hope you guys are settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fall, but living here in Southern California it's really hard to see any kind of season. So I may copy some of your ideas come October :) I hope married life is treating you well. And I love the fact that another lady loves football as much as I do!!!! I guess its the Montana in us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE fall too :) Hope you guys are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete