Wednesday, September 1, 2010

first birthday as a married woman.

Turning 25 is a little surreal, I must admit. I feel like I can begin the countdown to 30 now! Isn't that weird? When I was 16, I thought I'd be married and have at least 2 children by the time I was 25. Married...check. Children...? Maybe sometime in the future but for now, I am loving being married with just a husband at home to take care of. I have no job and let me tell you, being a wife is still demanding! I love my new role though. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love nesting in our new home, doing laundry, making dinners (and lunches), and waiting for my husband to come home each and every day.

I have given myself two weeks to get settled and run about a bazillion errands but starting Tuesday, substitute teaching and volunteering will begin! My internship to finish my graduate program begins in January and lasts until April, so I can't have a full time job quite yet. This is a little sad because I would LOVE to begin a full time job again this fall but I'll have to settle for being in the schools just here and there for the time being. God has the perfect plan although and I believe this is His way of letting my adjust to married life. It is such a blessing and I'm so grateful for this gift we have been given.

Today is another gloomy day in Seattle but one of my favorite things to do when it is rainy is to trot down to the local coffee shop and journal. It is so refreshing to be able to have some "me" time after the past few months and I'm trying to enjoy the last few days of "summer" before my classes start next week...I am not ready for school to start again but I know I will be once I get into the groove of things. I love what I'm learning about and always get so much from my classes. I am ready for the challenge!

Well, I'm off to enjoy my 25th birthday with my friends and hubby at a yummy sushi restaurant on South Lake Union. How perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment