Monday, September 20, 2010

Quality Time

(Sorry! I wrote this Monday and never published it for some reason so here it is :))

All our visitors are gone :( I just dropped daddy off at the airport this morning and now I feel like our little apartment is so empty and quiet. Matt is at work and everyone is gone! I'm really looking forward to these last two weeks in September and the entire month of October! It's finally fall here in Seattle. The leaves are changing colors, football is on every Sunday, and the temperatures are cool even when it's sunny. I love this time of year! I can't wait to spend quality time with my husband and enjoy this time as newlyweds. We can still be classified as newlyweds, right? ;)

This weekend with my dad and sister was so fun! We went to the Nebraska/Washington game to cheer on the Huskers!! They kicked some butt and of course won the game. Go Big Red! Being at the UW game for the second weekend in a row really made me realize how much I love the passion people have for football. I grew up in a house where there were constantly games being played on TV every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night during football season but I never paid that much attention. I really love it now! My dad was instilling that passion in me without me even knowing it! Now...how to get Matt to the south to cheer on the Crimson Tide? Tailgates, southern bbq, and season tickets? Roll tide! I wish. Maybe someday, right?

Tonight, we are having a date night at the Steelhead Diner. One of our favorite restaurants here in Seattle. If you ever come to visit and want somewhere to eat, that's your place. The chef is from New Orleans and his food is a combination of southern bbq/west coast seafood mix? And the view is amazing of Puget Sound and Pike Place Market helps too!

No comments:

Post a Comment