Monday, March 1, 2010

John Piper

Matt and I had the privilege of going to listen to John Piper at Mars Hill this weekend! He flew into Seattle from Ethiopia on Friday night and spoke...along with preaching at church yesterday. He is so amazing. It's funny because he is this incredibly talented, dynamic speaker yet he has a little bit of a lisp which made him extra cute. (side note: cute as in old man, grandpa cute) Also, our friend Jason Pancheau joined us for the weekend which made it extra special. I won't go into great detail as to what Piper's entire talk was about but I will share my favorite quote... "If you are engaged, look your fiance in the eye and tell him/her that they will always be #2. If that isn't sweet to their ears, don't marry them!" Isn't that great? I'm so grateful that I know Matt takes joy in me putting Jesus first in my life before him.

Let's see, what else? We took Jason to this great place called Ray's Boathouse. It is close to where we live but neither Matt nor I had ever been there. My roommate originally had told me about it and I'm always hearing great things so we decided to give it a try. It was so beautiful. When we first got there, there were no tables in the bar area (we went specifically for happy hour which is only in the bar) so we decided to grab a beer and sit out on the deck. It was a little chilly but the restaurant is directly over the water and it was sunset. Right after I took the picture below, we watched Matt's baby, the 787 Dreamliner, fly directly over our heads! What a perfect time to be outside.



One more great thing about this weekend was croissant french toast! I know that's silly to be so excited over breakfast...but Matt and I have this recipe from an amazing little bed and breakfast in Ft. Pierre, SD that took us years to steal from them. It's croissant french toast with an ice cream/berry sauce drizzled over it. We usually only make it on Valentine's Day or for special occasions but I guess Panch coming to town was special enough.



One last thing...Matt and I are officially Mars Hill "Preparing for Marriage" graduates!! We have been going through this 8 week course for our pre-marital counseling. We learned so much but it will be nice to have our Sundays free again.

Can you believe it's March 1st? Halfway done with engagement!! Just over 5 months left...

No comments:

Post a Comment