Friday, April 8, 2011

up too early

I am loving spring break! I think I could seriously sit at home listening to Frank Sinatra & Marvin Gaye radio while I cook/blog/drink red wine/read Real Simple mags all day, every day. Next project added to my portfolio for future home...


Ain't that cute? Did I share this already? Can't remember...sorry if I did. Believe it or not, Matt does love our new kitchen table regardless of whether it's girly or not :) That's why I love him! I keep telling him if he continues to listen to my advice, he'll be in pretty good shape!

Unfortunately, this is my last day of vaca before I tackle one last paper and two more weeks of student teaching. The biggest disappointment thus far on this day is that I woke up at 4:45 and could NOT go back to sleep...maybe my body is preparing itself for next week. I mean, really though? I guess there is always nap time! So, I sit here blogging, reading Erin Rasmussen's cute new blog (which just makes me want to bake sugar cookies), and watching Eat Pray Love. Not a bad morning. I just remembered that a hot pot of coffee is waiting for me in the kitchen...

I'm really looking forward to being done and not ever touching a lick of homework again. Teachers always have homework I guess but not grown up homework. I will miss these little munchkins so much. I really do have a passion for education and am so grateful to find a profession that I love. Those of you who know me know that I am not truly career-oriented. I could love life as a wife and mother without ever pursuing a career but when I do work in this lifetime, I want to teach. I love teaching. So, here's to hoping that I get a job for the next school year!

This summer...hmm...summer? Whatever that means around here. Our summer really does not begin until July sadly. I need to (as I tell my students) lose the 'tude! It's time I starting embracing the fact that I live in Seattle where it rains a lot. I should start focusing on the constant green, flowers, and lack of snow.

Our summer in a nutshell: graduation in Montana, visiting Granny in South Dakota, Vanessa living with us, San Diego w/ the Haagensons, three bachelorette weekends, Ridgeway wedding, Violett wedding, Ithurbure wedding, Costello wedding, & Briede wedding, Mexico in June, and well...that's about it? Tis the wedding season!

Now...I'm going to finish my movie and drink my coffee. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment