Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 24...giving thanks for having enough

Do you ever confuse your needs with your wants? I know I do every single day. I often "need" a latte, extra sleep, a new shirt EVERY time I step into Target, a vacation, a new computer, new dishes, more photography equipment, the list goes on and on. In all honestly though, I could get rid of 95% of what I own and have everything that I actually need in life. We live surrounded by ads, TV commercials, magazine articles, and other people telling us that we need this and what we need that...which makes it really hard to ever feel satisfied. It also makes it extremely difficult to be grateful for what we do have.

I encourage you to take time to be grateful for our NEEDS that have been beyond fulfilled...as well as being grateful for the things we have in this lifetime that are purely wants. Simple as that...but easier said than done!

No comments:

Post a Comment