Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Season Is It Again?

I feel like ever since we moved here, we have lost track of time. Matt has lived here for almost an entire year now and nine months and counting for me. I was just telling him that I never remember time going by so quickly. I moved here in the summer and can't really remember fall passing by, or winter approaching for that matter. Then it occurred to me that I have not seen even a flake of snow this year! Ok, I take that back...we did see snow in Montana at Christmas but that is it. After living in Bozeman for the past five winters, I am only used to two seasons.

1) Summer (late June-late August)
2) Winter (every other month of the year!)

I thought that I would miss it but I cannot tell you how nice it has been to take a break from the zero degree weather, snow shoveling, getting stuck while driving, windburn, window scraping, and not to mention, the ridiculous heat bills. Lindsay and I have been watching the news reports about the storms on the East coast and she is just green with envy. I just don't get it? If we want to see snow, we simply get in the car and drive north, south, east, or west for approximately 30 minutes, and we'll have it!

Matt might disagree with this opinion but for now, I'm thankful for green grass and temperatures bottoming out at 50 degrees! I wouldn't mind seeing the sun a little more though.

1 comment:

  1. Considering seattle averages only 58 sunny days per year compared to 320 in Bozeman...

    I choose the sun!

    Also, by using weather data collected for over the past 100 years by the national weather service, you will notice that on average, Bozeman is a mere 10 to 15 degrees cooler for only 5 months of the year. 4 months of the year they are approx the same, and for the remaining 3 months Bozeman is warmer.

    Also for those months, Seattle averages almost 39 inches of percipitation while Bozeman only averages around 19 inches per year.

    the choice is yours.

    ReplyDelete