Monday, February 8, 2010

Here We Go!

Welcome!!

Attention to all of you seasoned bloggers...this is Matt and I's first real attempt at blogging so no judging! First of all, the credit needs to go to Holly Gannett for creating this amazing blog for us to keep our friends and family updated on our lives here in rainy Seattle. She has done more than an amazing job creating not only this blog but also, our wedding website. If you haven't visited the website, check it out! (you'll find a link to your right).

Isn't she great? I hardly gave her any sense of direction and she still created something so unique and special for us. So, if you're getting married soon, I highly recommend you look into what she has to offer. We absolutely love it all.

Second of all, I know that I'm not "Steph Waller" yet but originally, my idea was to start after we were married. Since it's up and running though, I decided to start now. So, until August 14th, I'm only pretending!

Ok, so quick update on our lives (I'm sure most of you know what's going on but just incase ;)). Matt is still putting in those crazy hours at The Boeing Company just north of Seattle in Everett. The 787 Dreamliner recently flew for the first time in history so luckily, he got to keep his job! The second line of production of the 787 broke ground a few months ago in Charleston, South Carolina so there may be a possibility in his future to take part in that. For now although, we are loving life on the west coast.

As for me, my days are filled with caring for the two most precious little girls ever, Isabelle and Caroline. I also am enrolled in a Masters of Education program and am chipping away at that. I hope to finish this year! Between work, school, and wedding planning, there is never a dull moment.

Matt and I have made a handful of dear friends here in Seattle since we have moved. Surprisingly, we still spend a lot of time with many good ol' Montanans and wouldn't want it any other way. Both of us live with people from Montana, Lindsay Erickson (not from West, but Senior) and Blake Rasmussen. Lindsay graduated from UM and Blake from MSU. It's fun to have these ties. Matt also works with a lot of people from Montana and so we are lucky to have friends that can relate to our passion for Big Sky country.

Lastly, we are participating in a "Preparing for Marriage" class through our home church, Mars Hill with about 30 other couples. This gets confusing...Brian Hopkins of Journey Church in Bozeman is marrying us at Faith Chapel (my home church in Billings), and we are doing our pre-marital counseling through Mars Hill here in Seattle. We go every Sunday through the end of February and then have three individual appointments that continue through the end of April. It is so fun and we are learning so much about preparing our hearts for this big step!

Well, now that you're caught up on our Seattle lives, we (yes, Matt will also be writing to you!) promise to write about more exciting things from now on. Visit us again soon!

1 comment:

  1. YAH! Nice post and I am so glad you guys will use this. Thanks for all the compliments and you have no idea how happy it makes me that you guys are so happy with everything so far :)

    ReplyDelete