Monday, October 29, 2012

photography



As you probably know, I've become very intrigued by photography over the past couple of years. I jumped right into it basically knowing nothing about anything but I was determined to become self-taught (is that a word?) I've attended workshops, studied online courses, read books, practiced, and even have had the amazing opportunity of being a professional shooter in weddings, engagements, and family sessions. I'm so grateful for the people that have been willing to let me have such amazing experiences by capturing some of the most special moments of their life.

With that said, I've come to the realization that I have SO much to learn about photography. I think I tried to take on too much too fast and it became overwhelming to the point that I was disappointing myself in my work. So tap those brakes...I'm now simply focusing on learning for a few months and looking at it from a hobby perspective rather than a business aspect. I love photography and don't want to get discouraged by it because I'm taking on more than I can handle.

I absolutely still want to photograph anything that anyone would ask me to but with the mindset that I'm doing it for fun and to become a better photographer... and that I can't promise that they're going to be the best photos they'll ever receive! I want to enjoy photography, I want to be able to learn more and capture first and foremost, the memories that my sweet little family makes everyday. I want to capture my children and sweet husband living and loving life.

I've never felt that I have had one specific hobby that is special enough to me to pursue it with my time and money until I found photography, so I'm grateful that I've found a passion that is mine!

2 comments:

  1. The Schindlers are happy to provide test subjects for you any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Elizabeth! Let's set something up!

    ReplyDelete