Saturday, September 1, 2012

our sweet little love...Jack {Part 1...Birth Day}

Jack Matthew made his way into this world last Thursday, August 23rd at 3:55p.m. He was 7lbs, 7oz and absolutely perfect. In short, we made our way to the hospital at about 6:00a.m. on Thursday morning, got checked in, hooked up to an IV, had an epidural about 2 hours later, and peacefully waited to start pushing at about 2:30. Just a little over an hour later, Jack was laying on my chest. I felt this overwhelming love for this tiny human that I had been growing in my tummy for the past 40 weeks, I can't even explain how much I loved this little boy in just the first few seconds of meeting him. I know that anyone who has ever experienced this will understand that there are just no words.

The hospital that we delivered at is registered as a "baby friendly" hospital so they do things slightly different than other hospitals but I loved it all. After they put him on my chest, they waited to bathe him and weigh him until he had fed for the first time.  Let's just say he must have been starving in the womb beings that his first meal was 1.5 hours long :) Hungry bean! After he finished, they weighed him, bathed him, wrapped him up and handed him to his daddy for the first time. This was also a tender moment. He was so content, just staring at Matt. After my epidural had worn off, we transitioned into our postpartum room and started this journey as parents. We stayed in the hospital until Saturday just after lunch.

A few friends came to visit, we felt beyond blessed by their willingness to bring us food, gifts for Jack, you name it...we just felt very loved. It was sad that our families weren't here to experience this with us but thanks to technology, we were able to spend some time on FaceTime. All of the nurses and doctors were amazing...I was sad to say goodbye to them. I know that sounds weird but they had just shared in one of the best days of our lives in a way that no one else did. I absolutely loved our doctor, she is as sweet as can be and was so encouraging throughout delivery. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We delivered at a newer hospital campus that is HUGE and never very busy. We were one of two patients delivering on Thursday so I was my nurse's only patient that day. She was so attentive...this pattern continued with all of the other nurses throughout the weekend...so grateful.

In the weeks and days leading up to delivery, I was very anxious about it. I couldn't stop thinking about how I couldn't wait for it to be over with. On the day of although, I felt nothing but peace and contentment and was not scared at all. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. It was perfect. 

August 23, 2012:
walking into hospital at 6 a.m.
We loved our nurse, Erynn!
This is how I felt right before I started to push!
So in love
First Bath
Daddy and Jack drinking coffee
Sweet Boy ready to go home!









No comments:

Post a Comment