Sunday, April 29, 2012

finding a balance

Tuesday is May which means this is the last 1st of the month that I will be a working woman. My career life has been short lived for now but God apparently has bigger plans for my life. I am passionate about teaching. I love these kiddos that I get to spend my weekdays with more than I ever thought I would. I leave satisfied every day and never wake up dreading work. It has been a blessing to be put into this classroom but an even bigger blessing awaits me now...being a mama. I long for the days when I will be able to wake up and tend to my home, puppy, and come August, baby. I'll be home when my handsome husband walks through the door after a long day at work. I really can't wait. Here's some fun photos of our canine child.
Yes, we have THAT dog.

an afternoon cruise...
This weekend was a bittersweet one. As it was sunny and 90 here in Charleston, it was hard to focus on the weather while saying goodbye to two people that have become our close friends over the past few years...Blake and Erin and now their precious baby boy, Bennett. Blake was Matt's roommate when he first moved to Seattle. Matt was so grateful to have a place to move into when he arrived and it really all happened last minute and was very unplanned. Blake and Erin's relationship was fairly new when we first met them but progressed over time and Matt ended up moving out to marry me and to let Erin move in. They were married last March and welcomed Bennett into the world just two weeks ago. They moved to Charleston 9 months before we did. Saying goodbye to them in Seattle was sad of course but saying goodbye to them yesterday was a lot different. I feel like we have lived slightly parallel lives over the last 2 years and it makes it easy to have friendship. Erin has been my go-to woman both here in Charleston as well as back in Seattle. Blake has been a huge support to Matt in both his career and in life...we will miss them dearly! I didn't cry while they were still here but as we drove past their neighborhood on the way home after saying goodbye at a Greek restaurant, I couldn't help but cry. We will miss you both so much...thank you for a great 3 years of life together! 
Matt & Bennett
In baby news, I've recently been obsessed with all baby blogs that I come across...one in particular. This chick has already had her baby but I can't help but stalk and savor all baby suggestions/baby advice she has given. Throughout her pregnancy, she would give weekly updates on random details and I too think these would be fun to share just for this week....so here goes... tune in.

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain: approximately 9 pounds...will know exact weight at Wednesday's appointment.
Maternity clothes? oh yea

Stretch marks? none yet!

Sleep: not terrible, except for when Raleigh breathes in my face so I'll let her up on the bed.
Best moment this week: evening walks with Matt and Belle.

Miss Anything? WINE, sushi, bending over without a belly in the way, running, eating spicy food and not getting heartburn.
Movement: oh yes! He loves kicking his mama...and I know this is only the beginning.

Food cravings: Lucky Charms, sweets (surprise!) but fruity sweets mostly. mangoes, smoothies, frozen yogurt.
Anything making you queasy or sick: meat, chicken (dependent on how it's prepared), Chik-Fil-A
Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Nope.

Symptoms: lower back pain, burning sensation while lying down (acid reflux?)
Wedding rings on or off? on.. no swelling yet.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy I think! I don't feel moody...maybe a little more emotional than pre-pregnancy

Looking forward to: D-Day! SO ready for his arrival!!!! :)
22 weeks

23 weeks & 1 day