Sunday, October 16, 2011

Welcome home Raleigh Belle!

Yes, I think I might be that person that doesn't stop talking about their dog. I'm sorry...I'll just apologize now for that. But seriously, if you could meet her, you would understand why! Yesterday, Matt & I, along with our friend Kyle visiting from Seattle, drove to just outside of Clemson, South Carolina to pick up our baby girl. She is the sweetest thing. She snuggled up to me right away and stayed by my side until we went to bed last night. She is soft, sweet, fluffy, and weighs just under 7 pounds. I think she'll grow to be somewhere between 50-75 lbs...her dad is large but her mom is medium sized.

After visiting our neighbors for a crawfish boil & some frogmore stew, we put her in her crate at around 10:30, she whined for just a tiny bit and then fell asleep. With just one middle of the night potty break, she woke up around 5:30 ready for the day. This schedule works great because it follows Matt and I's normal weekday routine. The weekends will be a little rough having to get up that early but hey, we're parents now, we better get used to it! I told Raleigh that she is going to have to learn what day it is so she knows to sleep in on Saturdays at least.

Here are a few photos that Kyle took (thank you, thank you!) from yesterday...
just meeting for the first time :)



meeting daddy

car ride home...felt like I was bringing a baby home from the hospital!




passed out in car...big day for Raleigh!


Well, stay tuned! I already emailed Amy asking like a thousand questions this morning :) Thank goodness for her...now I just need her to live here so she can take care of both Raleigh & I!!

3 comments:

  1. soo adorable!!!

    i found the secret to getting Bo to sleep in on weekends... letting him in the bed. yeah, i know. but it gets me at least an extra hour of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia...It kills me to not let her in the bed right now but I don't want a full grown dog later on to think she can be sleeping in our bed with us...I'm trying to be strong!

    ReplyDelete