Thursday, February 24, 2011

don't blink

I feel like I'm living in the song "don't blink" by Kenny Chesney. Have you heard it?

Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink

Just like that I was six years old, taking a nap...and then I woke up and I was 25 and my high school sweetheart became my husband. My point being...I feel like my minutes, days, months, and years are beginning to speed up. I can only imagine how much faster it will go when I have children. Each day is so precious...yet it seems hard to simply live for today. This is such a unique time in my life. Just Matt and I living in Seattle having endless amounts of fun and adventure. I know that we'll look back at these days and miss them. How can I slow down and take a look around? I feel like this blog is kind of like that...I can look back and read how we've felt, what we've done, and remember the blessings. For once in my life, I don't feel like I'm living for the future which is refreshing...I just want to make sure that I don't miss out on each 24 hour day. 

With that said, today is my very first SNOW DAY ever!! What to do? When I logged onto the district's website this morning to see that "all schools closed" message, I immediately thought of that Nickelodean movie "Snow Day". When I was little, I used to watch it all the time and then grieve the fact that that would never happen to me. Growing up in Montana meant no sympathy for any amount of snow or low temperatures. So...yep...I'm now living out my childhood dream of having a snow day...I feel like the opportunities are endless! It is 5:45 a.m. and I don't even want to go back to bed...I just want to snuggle up in a blanket, drink good coffee, and watch hulu all day. I know that I didn't work for the first 5 months of our marriage but I never felt like I could indulge like this because Matt was hard at work. Now...I don't even have the option of going to work so whatever!

Here are a few photos from the Wallers coming to visit this past weekend! We had such a great time with them...






Before I go pour my coffee...I have to say one thing. Remember that Julia Child quote canvas that I liked and wanted to make? Well...my sweet husband made it for me for Valentine's Day! Did I mention how much I love this man? Here is a picture...kind of a bad photo but you get the jist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment