Saturday, January 22, 2011

grateful




I just feel so joyful on this beautiful Saturday and have so much to be grateful for. My first week of teaching was amazing. I love all 29 of my energetic 2nd graders and cannot wait to see what the weeks and months ahead have in store for me. I anticipate learning as much from these little 7 and 8 year olds as they learn from me. With the jitters of starting a new job behind me, I can now push forward. Week 1 complete, 13 more to go. It's gunna fly...

Guess what? It's a miracle, the SUN is shining in Seattle today! My wonderful husband bought me a new beautiful hybrid Specialized bike last week and today, I was able to introduce it to the pavement of Seattle. The sun was shining, the air was warm, and the outdoor activity felt beyond refreshing. When the sun peeks it's little rays out, anyone and everyone comes out of hibernation. The people here are so active and motivated...very non-American, right? I recently realized that you rarely see someone who is extremely out of shape. It probably has to do with the fact that the traffic is maddening and riding bikes and walking is so much more convenient...if do-able. Let's just say that the Burke-Gilman was full of people loving life today...along the water of Lake Washington, it was a great way to begin the weekend.

January is a time for new beginnings and I feel like we have had lots. We decided to finally go through with the membership process of our church, Mars Hill. We began class this week on Wednesday evenings and on Thursdays, we joined a new community group. It is so refreshing to meet other believers walking the same road as you. The leaders of the group are actually from Billings and I went to high school with one of them which is really exciting. A little piece of home once again. I swear, these Montana people are EVERYWHERE in Seattle. I won't complain! So needless to say, we are busy, busy throughout the weekdays but we love our little life. Such a unique time with just the two of us figuring out marriage and our very own way of doing everything beings our families aren't nearby. We do miss them all of the time but it is nice to have our own little gig out here :)

Well, Matt is at the driving range with Jeff and I'm supposed to be working on lesson plans so I guess I better get on that! Just wanted to share my joy and gratitude for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment