Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is Risen!

I really should be sleeping right now but in true fashion, I will stay up until midnight and then hate myself when I hear my alarm in the morning!

Happy Easter for 45 more minutes! Today I am thankful for a steady Lord and Savior that died for our sins and rose from the grave so that we may be forever forgiven. Thank you Jesus!

Matt & I had such a great weekend! We both had empty houses as our roommates were out of town...mine in NYC & Matt's in Thailand (rough lives). Friday night, we attended Good Friday service and had a quiet night watching a movie. Saturday was spent at the grocery store, preparing dishes for Easter dinner, and enjoying dinner with friends celebrating Becky Heyward's birthday! And today, we went to church which ended with "Amazing Grace" and bagpipes only to be followed by Easter brunch with about 9 good friends. Matt and I were really encouraged this weekend by how much fun we had simply just being which each other. We laughed (a lot), had good conversation, spent lots of time cooking in the kitchen, and just enjoyed being in each other's presence. It's rare that we are alone...our lives are often filled with the hustle and bustle of life and being constantly surrounded by other people. Don't get me wrong, we love our roommates, we were just excited to be able to have some alone time! We can't wait to finally build a home together in just four short months ;)

Well, I better get to bed. We start dance lessons this week so I'll report back on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment