Saturday, March 3, 2012

Winter is over...

Or did it ever start? The weather has been warm these past couple of weeks...70-80's...I constantly have to remind myself that we are in normal seasons now unlike the constant rain of Seattle or constant winter of Montana. This is normal...but it's strange. 

Just last night, I was chatting with my friend, Kristin, telling her how I was missing rainy, lazy days. It seems like the sun shines every day in Charleston and while that is nothing to complain about, I feel guilty staying inside in such beautiful weather. This makes it difficult to make time for cleaning, laundry, and getting work done. Well, today was the day! We are getting the tail end of that storm system that has been producing all of those tornadoes...but none for us so it's ok with me! Matt unfortunately had to work but Raleigh and I had lots of time to lounge around the house. I felt guilt free in my stretch pants and walking around with my rubber gloves on :) Sadly, I enjoy cleaning but rarely have the time (or energy) to spend an entire day doing it.

Our lives have been really busy lately. I feel like I'm always saying this but time flies. I feel like we were just in Europe and now it is March! Speaking of Europe, I am JUST uploading our photos to the computer and will give you the link shortly. People have been asking for them but our lovely doggie, RB, decided that she wanted to enjoy our camera cord as an afternoon snack a while ago. Hence, the delay. We now have a new one.

Work has been super busy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job but it takes up so much of my time during the weeknights and evenings. This is what makes my time go so fast. I do love it though...my students are amazing. I love the culture here and love being called "maam". I don't know where we will raise our children at but I do know that they will have southern manners.  I feel so blessed by my work...these little kiddos have lots to teach me too. Matt is still busy at Boeing...nothing new there. He's losing a co-worker as Blake and Erin are moving back to Montana here in a few months :( That's a little sad, I would love for them to stay here so our little ones could be friends but I know this is where their heart is! We will sure miss them!

  
14 Weeks






Growing a little one has been going well :) My nausea that I experienced for about a month has now passed (thank goodness) and my energy is back which is a huge relief! I'm 15 weeks today and we get to find out what the sex of this nugget is on March 28th. I would love to wait but I just do not have the patience! I'm so anxious to know! Other than some lightheadedness, I've been feeling really well...

Here are a couple of photos just from my phone...the quality is terrible because I can't get the good ones off the camera...but the bump is definitely showing. I'm in that stage where I was always wonder about other people "is she fat or pregnant?" Haha...horrible but true. 
   Well, we have a lot to look forward to in these next couple of months! Visits from the Ramages, my aunt & uncle, the Briedes, and my Mama! Hope you have a great weekend!
15 Weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment