Monday, May 23, 2011

it's the people that matter

Matt and I have lived in Seattle for over two years now which seems crazy to me. Time sure does fly by. For the entire first year that I lived here, my heart was still back in Montana. I missed my family, friends, and my comfort zone. I was having fun in Seattle but was in denial that it was my new "home". I would often talk to Matt about when we would move back, looking up jobs, etc. After a while, I realized that I was starting to make him feel bad about living and working here. Essentially, that was why I was here and he felt as though he was holding me back from being truly happy. I then decided that I needed an attitude change and quick!

Now, after two whole years in Seattle, I finally feel like this is my home. I think it mostly has to do with the amazing people that in are in our lives which makes me realize that I could be happy anywhere...it's the people that matter. We have such precious friends and an amazing community group through our church. If we were to pick up and leave now, it would be hard to do so...leaving people that we love and our first home that we've ever known together. I don't know if we'll be here forever but for now, I'm just grateful...extremely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment