Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful.in.D.C.

1 final down, 2 to go. Did I mention I will be DONE with classes as of December 16th?! I still have January-April to student teach (I was placed in the 2nd grade!) but at least I won't be logging on to MSUB's distance learning website 5 times a day. I can't wait! Well, let's see...December 9th...really, where does the time go?

We were fortunate to be able to spend Thanksgiving in Washington D.C. visiting my dad which was SO fun. The time went quickly as usual, but we managed to squeeze lots of fun in including: Holocaust Museum (not fun, but VERY interesting and sad), Capitol Building tour (personal tour courtesy of Senator Dorgen's intern), Washington Monument, American History Museum, Thanksgiving dinner :), a piano bar, sushi, etc...this list goes on and on! But those of you who know my dad can believe that we also did our fair share of sleeping in which was much needed! Here are some fun photos of that trip...









We got back from DC on the Sunday following Thanksgiving and then we took off Friday for Denver to visit the Haagensons! You may be thinking we see each other too often...which is probably true beings plane tickets are involved each time! But, it's totally worth it...good friends are few and far between :)

We leave two weeks from today to drive back to Montana for Christmas and cannot wait! Pray that the roads will cooperate for us...blah. I'm just going to drug myself and fall asleep in the back seat...leave the driving up to the boys! Before we leave, we have Matthew's 25th birthday to celebrate, classes to complete, and Christmas shopping to do...busy....busy...busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment